Well, this blog is not only about MS SQL Server, but about Oracle and MongoDB too. As I need to set-up a new environment to manage a small number of Oracle databases, I decided to post the steps involved in this here as they would be executed.
It turns out that I’m having some serious issues on getting the current Oracle Client to work. Obviously I’m missing something, because this is not something you do every day and there was great changes in the landscape between Oracle 9i and 11g.
But the process is even harder than I thought. While this new environment is being prepared I decided to share a small video about this kind of installation with you, dear readers. Before you ask: no, this didn’t work either.
Spoiler alert: I’m sharing this video here because of something funny inside of it. Pay attention to the paths where this guy installed the tools on his machine… this is not the kind of thing a happy user would do!!! lol!